The very heart of the Chicago experience may be found in the River North neighborhood on the Near North Side. Home to Groupon and Motorola Mobility, this tech-driven corner of Illinois is the "cool" part of a city that was already pretty cool as is.
A Few Reasons Why River North is a Great Part of Chicago
- Spybar. A trendy basement nightclub featuring hot indie and underground music with VIP tables and private events. Pure class, Chicago-style.
- All the cool diners. It's harder to find a bad meal in Chicago than it is to find a good one, and that's doubly true in River North where eateries like Atwood and the Doughnut Vault will help you kick off your morning right.
- The Gene Siskel Film Center. Named for the Chicago-native film critic, the Gene Siskel Film Center is one of a dying breed: a real-deal, independently owned movie theater featuring classic and indie movie screenings and events.
- The Art Galleries. River North is nothing if not artsy. The neighborhood exploded onto the art scene in the 1970s and today hosts several galleries including the Addington, the Golden Triangle and Gruen Galleries. You'll never be at a loss for a cool place to go to expand your mind.
- Ward (A. Montgomery) Park. As fun as all that urban splendor can be, sometimes you just need to feel the sun on your back, grass at your feet and fresh air in your lungs. That's what the Ward (A. Montgomery) Park is here for. With acres of lush green hills and ponds and paths, Ward Park has all the space you need for walking, biking and chasing a Frisbee around.
River North is currently seeing an uptick in new residents. This is great news for the local businesses, but a ticking clock for anyone who wants to get in while there are still spaces available. If you're looking to stake your own claim in Chicago's hippest neighborhood, give us a call at River North Park to see available floor plans for apartments in Chicago, Illinois. When a neighborhood starts to blow up, it only gets tougher and tougher to get your foot in the door.